The IIoT Pioneer Award is intended to honor an industrial original equipment manufacturer (OEM) that has leveraged digital technologies to create new ways to increase value for its customers, and as a result created new revenue streams for itself. Harpak-ULMA has been selected as a recipient for 2020, and our CEO, Kevin Roach, will be presenting on the topic as part of the DX Strategists Conference at the FREE ROK Live 2020 Virtual Event.
Watch Kevin’s presentation as part of ROK Live 2020 on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:00 am. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS CENTRAL TIME. It will be followed by Q&A. Click here for more information, and to register for this FREE event.
More about the Award:
This year’s winners, chosen from across the global industrial landscape, have successfully envisioned, planned and executed the digital transformation (DX) of one or more aspects of their business through the application of digital and disruptive technologies. Smart, connected platforms deliver advanced OT/IT integration capabilities, including asset and system auto-discovery, data model sharing and re-use, integrated analytics, and AR empowerment.
The criteria for the IIoT Pioneer Award included:
- Commitment and support of senior executive team
- Clear business model and monetization strategy
- Customer adoption of new offerings/services
- Adoption of IoT/analytics/augmented reality/product lifecycle management technologies
- Digital/IoT technical expertise
- Internal support resources
Harpak-ULMA’s smart, connected packaging Journey
In 2018, CEO Kevin Roach established a vision and plan to transform this veteran packaging machine OEM into an innovative, agile supplier of smart and connected packaging platforms. Two years into a multi-year, multi-phase digital transformation plan, Harpak-ULMA’s brand is now synonymous with innovation for their customers. At ROK Live 2020, a virtual event, Kevin offers an insightful and pragmatic view into how and why digital transformation delivers real customer value in a packaging operation, as well as the internal challenges associated with bringing an OEM into the digital age.
- The primary, demonstrable value of digital transformation is business agility
- Smart, connected machines and the data they provide create a foundation for transformation
- Operationalizing transformation using augmented reality, IoT and digital twin technologies delivers remarkable performance gains.