Job Title: Warehouse and Shop Floor Lead
Location: Ball Ground, GA
You will create various metal components for packaging equipment using a Lathe and Milling Machine (Bridgeport). Ability to operate CNC machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create metal components for packaging equipment utilizing a Lathe and Milling Machine.
- Ability to read prints and conforming to provided tolerances.
- Define and install correct tooling for specific job. Secure the appropriate workpiece, perform measurements, adjust controls, and monitor/guide the item.
- Inspect item to ensure the piece meets specifications.
- Ability to change worn tools and perform routine maintenance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/community college training; Apprenticeship work is desirable.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate with Company personnel.
- Daily contact with Company personnel requiring courtesy, sound judgment, and perseverance.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Keen hearing ability for detecting any abnormalities with the machines.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Frequently is required to stand, sit, bend, squat, kneel, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The knowledge and use of various hand tools.
- Clear and sharp mental agility is required due to client interaction and exposure to high-speed machinery.
- Proper use of safety devices as required for the safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment.
- Work performed in a combination of shop and office environments.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud. Working around high-speed machinery.
Do you fit with Harpak-Ulma’s core values?
- Service-Customers 1st
- Excellence-Continuously Improve
- Commitment-Dedicated and Accountable
- Teamwork-Partner, Respect and Grow
- Innovation-Solve Tough Problems
Perks At Harpak-Uma? We’ve got you covered…
- 401K match
- 3 Weeks of Vacation
- 1 Week of Sick Time
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of Vacation with each year of service
- 10 Annual Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after hire
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Team Building Events
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC is a distributor and manufacturer of primary and secondary packaging systems. ULMA, G. Mondini, and RAMA are represented.
Our systems approach is considered to be one of the best in the industry. We are a stable and progressive company seeking candidates with a high level of enthusiasm, product knowledge, and success.
Join a Team That Thinks Outside of the Box
If you are interested in any of these positions, APPLY HERE.
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.