Department: Technical Services Reports To: SVP
Summary: The associate will use their mechanical/electrical background to troubleshoot/repair and install our machines in order to support our customer base and Field Service Technicians in the field. This support will consist of troubleshooting customer issues on-site and over the phone. They will also be responsible for installations and troubleshooting various packaging equipment machines. There must be an ability and willingness to travel 25% of the time for technical support. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate customer needs.
Compensation: Commensurate with previous experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Shop and Field Service:
- Set up equipment for testing prep before shipping to customer. Set up equipment and assist in customer Demos and FATs
- Manage CSA – Schedule, modify as required, order parts to be changed, work with inspectors.
- Phone Support of Field Techs assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Phone support for customers.
- Maintain equipment manual library
- Works with ULMA Spain on upgrades of equipment to replacement parts for obsolete parts etc.
- Travels to support field service techs when required
- Assist in Loading Software& Software Upgrades. Load as directed by IT
- Troubleshoot, assist in repair or diagnosis computer/printer/network problems
- Maintain phone system / troubleshoot / repair / upgrade as required
- Weekly BG server backup
- Maintain and run network cabling as required
- Desktop / Laptop Repair
- Printer Repairs / Specifying and ordering replacements as required
- Set up video conferencing. Maintain equipment and programing as required
DEquipment & Component Programming (upload / download)
- Frequency Drives
- Industrial PC’s
- CF Cards
- Temperature Controllers/regulators
- Maintain software library for equipment in field
- Work with European manufacturer to update/modify software for equipment
- Create instructions and train others on how to upload/download equipment programs, flash cards and EPROMS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required. Technical schooling and/or work experience in electricity, electronics or equipment maintenance is required. 5+ years of proven field service experience in troubleshooting mechanical/electrical issues desired. Prior industry-related experience would be a plus.
The willingness and/or ability to read and interpret documents including mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics. Experience with ISO/ EU documentation is a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to assess and define problems, interpret instruction and act accordingly.
Computer Skills: Must have familiarity with MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid driver’s license and valid passport and/or the ability to obtain a passport for travel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a combination of shop/warehouse environments. Exposure to fluctuating hot and cold temperatures. Exposure to warehouse elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Ability to sit for extended durations when traveling by car or airplane. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, squat and move about a facility. Keen hearing and sight ability (close and distance vision) for detecting any abnormalities with the machines. Proper use of safety devices as required for the safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.