Summary: The associate will work with the technical services groups in all locations including remote technicians to meet the service needs of our clients. Assist the managers with service report processing, payroll, client quotes, field technician assignments, database input and maintenance, compile information for machinery install letters and general department administrative duties.
Time Utilization: Full-time (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Occasionally may require to work beyond a 40 hour work week.
Compensation: Commensurate with previous experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Open and direct phone support cases to the correct phone support technical person depending upon the product line.
- Assist in an administrative capacity in the smooth running of the department as it relates to service billing, installations and field technician assignments; payroll; and database management. Provide Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reports to managers.
- Coordinate with various in-house departments on machinery installation quotes with respect to lead times, service billing, and purchase order processing and tracking to ensure accurate records for accounting and timely payments. Track all associate costs and ship dates for accurate billing for each purchase order. Update database with detailed specifics and documents for Field Technicians.
- Assign/schedule Field Technicians as needed to satisfy client requests per service contracts or emergency situations. Manage the FileMaker calendar with correct assignments. Convey details and follow-up documents to field technicians.
- Assist with biweekly time reporting for payroll purposes. Ensure timesheets are received and processed in a timely manner. Follow-up on any delinquent ones not received.
- Prepare Installation Customer letters for review and approval. Ensure all pertinent data is listed in FileMaker and obtain sales terms to insert into letter. Upload finalized and signed letter in FileMaker for reference.
- Create service billing approvals to accounting for invoicing ensuring all technician expenses are captured and categorized appropriately. Track field service technician expense reports are complete and timely. Initiate a purchase order number tied to correct job number and import to Accounting database for processing.
- Maintain several FileMaker databases specifically; service calendar, technical quotes, service reports, and jobs/equipment. In addition, manage the job database in Egnyte with all pertinent installation documents.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
- Provide daily coverage for the receptionist and during vacations.
- Assist with special projects and other related tasks/duties as required/assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum High School diploma/GED required. An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Business or related area is preferred. A minimum of one year experience working in a customer service product environment as well as a year experience supporting a large service team. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities and manage deadlines. Impeccable attention to detail. Packaging equipment experience is desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to read and write reports and correspondence. Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written.
Basic ability to work with figures.
Ability to define issues, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an associate must be proficient in MS Office Suite products and Windows platform. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro strongly desired.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work is done in an office setting. Occasional expose to a warehouse setting where the noise level could increase.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands for computer work.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: