Job Title: Technical Services Administrative Supervisor
Location: Taunton, MA
Summary: The Administrative Supervisor will be responsible for overall administrative functions within the Engineering & Technical Services Department. The position will supervise technical service coordinators and other engineering administrative roles, offering guidance and training while delegating work tasks and ensuring the day-to-day administrative operations run smoothly. An important component of this role is evaluating current operations to identify and implement process improvements. The position will work with the technical services groups in all locations including remote technicians to meet the service needs of our clients. We are looking for a strong administrative leader with a passion for attention-to-detail and ensuring the full team is well supported. Most important, we want a team player who is motivated by driving continuous improvement with a positive attitude.
Time Utilization: Full-time (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Occasionally may require to work beyond a 40 hour work week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for assigning job duties to individual staff members and prioritizing workloads, ensuring tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop technical information regarding administrative procedures, services, and programs to streamline and ensure greater consistency.
- Support payroll activity (department timesheet administration), correcting any variances or scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Lead administration of the team to maintain up-to-date service billing, installations and field technician assignments and general CRM database management.
- Create reports and presentations for Engineering/Technical Teams as needed.
- Coordinate with various in-house departments on machinery installation quotes with respect to lead times, service billing, and purchase order processing and tracking to ensure accurate records for accounting and timely payments.
- Assign/schedule Field Technicians as needed to satisfy client requests per service contracts or emergency situations. Work with Technical Service Managers on customer prioritization (situational discretion).
- Create service billing approvals to accounting for invoicing ensuring all technician expenses are captured and categorized appropriately. Track field service technician expense reports are complete and approved.
- Assist with special projects and other related tasks/duties as required/assigned. Support employee communication efforts (team meetings, quarterly all employee meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for tracking all associate costs and ship dates for accurate billing for each purchase order. Update database with detailed specifics and documents for Field Technicians.
- Lead/Support training initiatives and utilize Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Develop relationships with customers and follow up on billing disputes/delinquency.
- Ensure maintenance of FileMaker databases specifically; service calendar, technical quotes, service reports, and jobs/equipment. In addition, manage the job database in Egnyte with all pertinent installation documents.
- Act as a coach and be receptive to coaching to create a more collaborative work environment for all.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Minimum High School diploma/GED required. An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Business or related area is preferred. A minimum of 3 years Supervisor experience is needed. Previous administrative experience of a large service team preferred. Candidate should have a process focused mindset to drive efficiency and consistency within the group. Six Sigma and Process Development (flow charts, swim lanes, etc.) a plus. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities and manage deadlines. Impeccable attention to detail. Packaging equipment experience is desired.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to read and write reports and correspondence. Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written.
Math Ability: Basic ability to work with figures.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define issues, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an associate must be proficient in MS Office Suite products and Windows platform. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro strongly desired.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities: 2-3 direct reports
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work is done in an office setting. Occasional expose to a warehouse setting where the noise level could increase.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands for computer work.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard: Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.