Regional Sales Manager – Northern California, Nevada, and Utah
Home office in Territory State
Lead the sales effort in close cooperation with the VP of Sales and in particular the individual product managers. This position aims to increase and maximize sales volume in the Northern California, Nevada, and Utah territory based on active canvassing, routine customer follow ups and regular customer ‘touches’ from both a sales and a customer service perspective. The position entails both pre-sale and post-sale activities to ensure maximum customer confidence and satisfaction through the establishment of trusted advisor standing on an on-going basis.
This position will travel up to 70-80% of the time – mostly in the assigned territory. Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade show and customer schedules.
Commensurate with previous experience and proven results from a similar position including a commission program based on achieving profitable sales volumes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish commercial and customer service presence and success in the Northern California, Nevada, and Utah market for industrial packaging solutions by building visibility and customer contacts.
- Canvas and call on existing and potential customers in the Northern California, Nevada, and Utah market in order to generate and follow up on sales leads, manage post-sale satisfaction, suggest appropriate operational changes to maximize value delivered and communication of customer issues to customer service as appropriate.
- Promote and sell all levels of Harpak-ULMA equipment, parts and services.
- Provide all necessary information and documentation for the completion of sales proposals and orders and work closely with product managers and other internal associates to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize FileMaker PRO-CRM according to established procedures and file timely visit reports to ensure seamless customer interphase.
- Successfully achieve mutually agreed upon targeted activities including; prospecting, customer visits, research, update HubSpot, develop and increase pipeline monthly, orders, and number of new customers.
- Identify current competitive and alternative solutions in the market and disseminate information as necessary to the organization.
- Author annual business plans based upon agreed upon objectives – and then execute same.
- Establish and manage annual sales and expense budgets in close cooperation with the Field Sales Manager.
- Operate within annual expense budget and work to meet established individual sales budgets.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, sales meetings, industry meetings and local association events and other sales and customer support related activities as deemed feasible.
- Attend internal and external meetings and/or events as required by VP of Sales and/or Senior Management.
- Be an active student of best practices for the industry as well as good selling and customer service habits.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and five or more years related sales or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus. Experience in capital equipment sales and packaging industry knowledge required. Demonstrated proven success in sales generation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Presentation software, Internet usage, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite. MS FileMaker Pro experience a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer