Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Illinois
Lead the sales effort in close cooperation with the VP of Sales and in particular the individual product managers. This position aims to increase and maximize sales volume in the Illinois territory based on active canvassing, routine customer follow-ups, and regular customer ‘touches’ from both a sales and a customer service perspective. The position entails both pre-sale and post-sale activities to ensure maximum customer confidence and satisfaction through the establishment of a trusted advisor standing on an ongoing basis. Only candidates living in Illinois will be considered for this position.
This position will travel up to 70-80% of the time – mostly in the assigned territory. The schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade shows and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish commercial and customer service presence and success in the Illinois market for industrial packaging solutions by building visibility and customer contacts.
- Canvas and call on existing and potential customers in the Illinois market in order to generate and follow up on sales leads, manage post-sale satisfaction, suggest appropriate operational changes to maximize the value delivered, and communicate customer issues to customer service as appropriate.
- Promote and sell all levels of Harpak-ULMA equipment, parts, and services.
- Provide all necessary information and documentation for the completion of sales proposals and orders and work closely with product managers and other internal associates to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize FileMaker PRO-CRM according to established procedures and file timely visit reports to ensure seamless customer interphase.
- Identify current competitive and alternative solutions in the market and disseminate information as necessary to the organization.
- Author annual business plans based upon agreed-upon objectives – and then execute same.
- Establish and manage annual sales and expense budgets in close cooperation with the VP of Sales.
- Operate within the annual expense budget and work to meet established individual sales budgets.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, sales meetings, industry meetings, local association events, and other sales and customer support-related activities as deemed feasible.
- Attend internal and external meetings and/or events as required by the VP of Sales and/or Senior Management.
- Be an active student of best practices for the industry as well as good selling and customer service habits.
- Be receptive to ongoing coaching and training to further develop your professional skill set.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university; and five or more years related sales or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus. Experience in capital equipment sales and packaging industry knowledge is required. Demonstrated proven success in sales generation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Presentation software, Internet usage, Contact Management systems, and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite. MS FileMaker Pro experience is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by the position.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE.
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.