Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Gulf Coast
Lead the sales effort in close cooperation with the Field Sales Manager and in particular the individual product managers. This position aims to increase and maximize sales volume in the Gulf Coast territory including Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama, based on active canvassing, routine customer follow-ups, and regular customer ‘touches’ from both a sales and a customer service perspective. The position entails both pre-sale and post-sale activities to ensure maximum customer confidence and satisfaction through the establishment of a trusted advisor standing on an ongoing basis.
This position will travel up to 70-80% of the time – mostly in the assigned territory. Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade show and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish commercial and customer service presence and success in the Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama market for industrial packaging solutions by building visibility and customer contacts.
- Canvas and call on existing and potential customers in the Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama market in order to generate and follow up on sales leads, manage post-sale satisfaction, suggest appropriate operational changes to maximize value delivered and communication of customer issues to customer service as appropriate.
- Promote and sell all levels of Harpak-ULMA equipment, parts and services.
- Provide all necessary information and documentation for the completion of sales proposals and orders and work closely with product managers and other internal associates to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize FileMaker PRO-CRM according to established procedures and file timely visit reports to ensure seamless customer interphase.
- Successfully achieve mutually agreed upon targeted activities including; prospecting, customer visits, research, update Hubspot, develop and increase pipeline monthly, orders, and number of new customers.
- Identify current competitive and alternative solutions in the market and disseminate information as necessary to the organization.
- Author annual business plans based upon agreed-upon objectives – and then execute same.
- Establish and manage annual sales and expense budgets in close cooperation with the Field Sales Manager.
- Operate within annual expense budget and work to meet established individual sales budgets.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, sales meetings, industry meetings and local association events and other sales and customer support related activities as deemed feasible.
- Attend internal and external meetings and/or events as required by Field Sales Manager and/or Senior Management.
- Be an active student of best practices for the industry as well as good selling and customer service habits.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and five or more years related sales or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus. Experience in capital equipment sales and packaging industry knowledge required. Demonstrated proven success in sales generation.
Do you fit with Harpak-Ulma’s core values?
- Service-Customers 1st
- Excellence-Continuously Improve
- Commitment-Dedicated and Accountable
- Teamwork-Partner, Respect and Grow
- Innovation-Solve Tough Problems
Perks At Harpak-Uma? We’ve got you covered…
- 401K match
- 3 Weeks of Vacation
- 1 Week of Sick Time
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of Vacation with each year of service
- 10 Annual Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after hire
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Team Building Events
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC is a distributor and manufacturer of primary and secondary packaging systems. ULMA, G. Mondini, and RAMA are represented.
Our systems approach is considered to be one of the best in the industry. We are a stable and progressive company seeking candidates with a high level of enthusiasm, product knowledge, and success.
Join a Team That Thinks Outside of the Box
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE.
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.