Job Title: Purchasing Associate
Location: Taunton, MA
In both locations, Georgia/Massachusetts, provide industrial procurement support on departmental spend categories, ensuring competitive cost sourcing of quality goods and services. Buy products to either resell to customers or use in everyday operations. Ensures the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions and meeting inventory goals without impacting service levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers through supporting activities including ordering, communication of demand/ volume/ delivery time changes, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, follow up on backorders, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of local suppliers and capabilities.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting all warranty product returns.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reorder of all film supplies for shop.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure continuity of goods and services that meet the quality, service, and price performance standards of the company.
- Working with the Departmental managers to implement and enforce polices that increase spend visibility and meet their product and service expectations.
- Document cross reference of parts between vendors for same/like products as well as link complimentary products across all parts.
- Set and meet cost savings initiatives for domestically procured products.
- Interface with in-house job shop for purchasing raw materials, coordinating secondary processing on parts and tracking completed assemblies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An associate degree is required with a minimum of 1-2 Years industrial purchasing/buying experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating manuals and shipping paperwork. Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively work with Company personnel and product/service vendors.
Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
You will be working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for your company and will have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery, terms and conditions and other factors.
You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of the company.
You will be working with suppliers to create the best deals. Negotiating skills will help you create those deals.
Must have familiarity with MS Office Suite and Windows platform. Candidate must be comfortable entering and creating data in excel.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a combination of shop/warehouse environments. Exposure to fluctuating warm and cool temperatures. Exposure to warehouse elements such as noise, dust, odors, and oils.
The ability to lift and/or move up to 25-50 lbs. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, squat and move about a facility. Keen hearing and sight ability (close and distance vision). Proper use of safety devices as required for the job.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates will work well with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.