Title: Project Manager
Location: Taunton, MA
Summary: Manage all aspects of packaging machinery capital equipment projects including development, project specifications, engineering, design, implementation, , equipment procurement, financials, scheduling, integration, installation, start-up, and project closure from inception through the entire project life-cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage all aspects of packaging capital equipment projects including development, design, engineering, implementation, project specifications, equipment procurement, project budget, integration, and installation.Manage project through the entire project life-cycle from concept through commissioning, ensuring client and project success.
- Review customer machine specifications including any recommended exceptions.Solicit RFP’s from suppliers to incorporate into client proposals for packaging equipment. Review RFQ’s to generate material costs and incorporate into overall bid. Ensure alignment between customer requirements, machine capabilities and equipment ordered. Factor lead times into project timeline.
- Primary point of contact with the customer for project communications.Liaise with suppliers, and internal employees involved in the project (e.g., technical services, product managers, technical service etc.). Diplomacy exercised in cultural differences between teams in North America and Europe.
- Work with management to assure sufficient resources are estimated and allocated to each project.
- Lead project kick-off and engineering review meetings with vendors and customers.Coordinate with team members for timely completion of assigned tasks/responsibilities.
- Develop project plans, workflows, timelines, critical paths and determine potential risks.
- Manage overall project budget, procurement of equipment, and any change orders through the entire life-cycle.
- Develop and execute pre-delivery inspections, final site acceptance qualification procedures, tests for validation requirements, and all field acceptance testing.
- Contribute actively to project management process development.
- Stay current on new equipment technologies for ULMA and Mondini lines and travel to Spain and Italy respectively for additional training and equipment familiarization.Travel to various North American client sites for installations.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, science, or technical field, preferably Controls or Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university. Five plus years of project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success in managing projects including scope / quality, timelines, budgets, costs, and resources. Prior experience working with primary or secondary packaging equipment, capital equipment, experience with PMO processes and working with European based companies is highly desired. Ability to view, modify and prepare packaging equipment layouts with CAD software is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software, internet software and design software. The individual must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite, Windows platform, Project Management. Experience with SolidWorks or AutoCAD, as well as FileMaker Pro / database software is a plus.
Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern time. Domestic and International travel up to 30% of time. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate project meetings, installation, and customer schedules.
Certificates and Licenses:
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired. Current valid driver’s license and current valid passport or the ability to obtain a passport.
This position is currently planned for our Taunton, MA headquarters. Consideration will also be given to individuals to be based out of our Ball Ground, GA and Sarasota, FL offices, as well as remote workers (Eastern time zone preferred).
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.