Job Title: Professional Services Operations Manager
Location: Taunton, MA
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Professional Services Operations Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to the administrative functions within the Engineering & Technical Services Department. The position will manage a department of 4-6 individuals who provide outstanding service to both internal and external customers. This role is expected to ensure the day-to-day administrative operations run smoothly. An important component of this role is evaluating current operations to identify and implement process improvements. In order to do so, the individual needs to be well versed in all activity and “roll up their sleeves” and help during peak periods. The position will work with the technical services groups in all locations including remote technicians to meet the service needs of our clients. We are looking for an individual who thrives on providing strong people leadership while also operating strategically to drive improvements and efficiency. This role requires a passion for detail and ensuring our customers, service managers, engineering and project managers have outstanding support to execute flawlessly. Most important, we want a team player who is motivated by driving continuous improvement with a positive spirit.
Full-time (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday with periodic weekend activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide outstanding leadership to 4-6 direct reports. This includes completing quarterly and annual performance reviews and consistent coaching and advocacy. Manager needs to view leadership as a privilege.
- Provide functional Vice President with monthly and quarterly KPI reports.
- Drive growth and business development activity, supporting managers in developing marketable preventative maintenance plans, equipment conversions/upgrades, etc.
- Responsible for assigning job duties to individual staff members and prioritizing workloads, ensuring tasks are completed in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop technical information regarding administrative procedures, services, and programs to streamline and ensure greater consistency.
- Lead administration of the team to maintain up-to-date service billing, installations and field technician assignments and general CRM database management.
- Support payroll activity (department timesheet administration), correcting any variances or scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with various in-house departments on machinery installation quotes with respect to lead times, service billing, and purchase order processing and tracking to ensure accurate records for accounting and timely payments.
- Assign/schedule Field Technicians as needed to satisfy client requests per service contracts or emergency situations. Work with Technical Service Managers on customer prioritization (situational discretion).
- Create service billing approvals to accounting for invoicing ensuring all technician expenses are captured and categorized appropriately. Track field service technician expense reports are complete and approved.
- Assist with special projects and other related tasks/duties as required/assigned. Support employee communication efforts (team meetings, quarterly all employee meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for tracking all associate costs and ship dates for accurate billing for each purchase order. Update database with detailed specifics and documents for Field Technicians.
- Lead/Support training initiatives and utilize Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Develop relationships with customers and follow up on billing disputes/delinquency.
- Ensure maintenance of FileMaker databases specifically; service calendar, technical quotes, service reports, and jobs/equipment. In addition, manage the job database in Egnyte with all pertinent installation documents.
- Act as a coach and be receptive to coaching to create a more collaborative work environment for all.
- Other duties as business matures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Business or related area is preferred. A minimum of 8 years Management experience is needed. Previous administrative experience of a large service team required. Candidate should have a process focused mindset to drive efficiency and consistency within the group. Lean Six Sigma and Process Development (flow charts, swim lanes, etc.) a plus. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities and manage deadlines. Impeccable attention to detail. Packaging equipment experience is desired, but not required.
Proficiency in MS Office Suite products and Windows platform. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro or Access databases a plus.
4-6 direct reports
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work is done in an office setting. Occasional exposer to a warehouse setting where the noise level could increase.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands for computer work.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.