Product Manager – TFS
The position responsibility is to act as the CEO of the ULMA thermoformer product line. Supporting the Regional Sales Managers in the field with technical know-how and customer solution development. During RFQ reviews, proposal development and order processing this position provides technical and application support and know-how to the Technical Sales Administrator – TFS to ensure customer oriented and technically feasible solutions are quoted. The position will also occasionally be involved in technical trouble shooting either internally or in the field.
Candidate should be customer focused continuous learner, self-motivated, professional with ability to convey and convince.
This position may travel up to 50 – 75% of the time – mostly for sales/technical expertise and support in the field or at the factory and at occasional trade shows. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade show and customer schedules.
Commensurate with previous experience and proven results from a similar position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Working closely with Sales Management and the Regional Sales Managers to support and promote the sales efforts for ULMA thermoforming equipment to become a market leader in TFS in US and Canada.
- Work closely with third party suppliers of supporting technologies (printing, labeling, feeding solutions etc.) to develop complete and profitable solution selling.
- Work closely with VP of Sales and Technical Sales Administrator – TFS to review all thermoformer RFQ’s to clarify and document technical details prior to commencement of quotation process.
- Manage pricing strategy to optimize product segment market share and profitability.
- Identify current competitive solutions and disseminate information internally as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of all technical developments and improvements from the ULMA factory and train the RSMs on these updates.
- Win/Loss analysis
- Maintain RSM toolbox for most up to date TFS information.
- Product Manager will develop go to market strategy with CEO and Director of Marketing to build brand awareness.
- Develop medical strategy and training.
- Market development activities will include, but not be limited to visits to potential and current customers, visits to ULMA to investigate applications and visits to allied third party suppliers/vendors to coordinate joint market approach.
- Work with marketing to develop promotions, sales incentives, and advertising campaigns, as necessary.
- Record, document and file all activities for later reference or repetition.
- Coordinate the necessary training of the sales team to support and enhance the sales process for optimal efficiency with the goal of having a min. 20% close rate on new sales opportunities developed into formal proposals.
- Identify new markets and assist with content development, which could benefit from the ULMA thermoformer technology.
- For selected applications lead the development of product justifications, including return on investment studies and other purchase rationale.
- Research non-standard application requests in close coordination with ULMA engineers in Spain.
- Assist in coordinating sample making and customer demonstrations in-house.
- Attend internal sales meetings and training sessions as required.
- Collaborate with Sales and Technical Services Departments as well as the ULMA factory to identify and develop technical features and capabilities of ULMA TFS equipment to provide maximum added value to HUP customers.
- Attend occasional trade shows to support sales team as well as stay informed of customer expectations and market developments.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments from film and materials suppliers.
- Stay current on new technologies for ULMA TFS equipment and travel to the ULMA factory at least once per year for additional training and facilitation of exchange of know-how and opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting assistance for Technical Services Department to resolve customer issues and opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or technical area of study; and two to five years related service or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write proposals, routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions, package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform. Working knowledge of SolidWorks or AutoCAD would be a big plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
This position currently has two other positions reporting to it.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.