Job Title: Product Application Engineer/Coordinator – Flow Pack
Location: Ball Ground, GA
Reports to: Flow Pack Product Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The position is to proactively support and enhance the sales/after sales activities for ULMA flow pack, vertical and stretch equipment through internal support of the Sales Team. The position works in coordination with the Flow Pack Administrator, ULMA technical team, HUP Sales Team and Flow Pack Product Manager to facilitate clarity and organization of technical and commercial details surrounding the Flow Pack, Vertical and Stretch sales process from quotation development, tracking jobs from order of machinery to delivery. The main role is to support the Flow Pack, Vertical, and Stretch team in the sales/after sales process to include collecting data related to jobs, job tracking and provide documentation for service team as well as additional support in producing machine proposals and execution of subsequent orders.
This position may travel up to 10% of the time – for engineering support, customer meetings and, Factory FAT’s. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Schedule requires flexible to accommodate the sales process and customer schedules.
Commensurate with previous experience and proven results from a similar position. Full benefit package provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Communicate with ULMA factory on all technical aspects related to orders as well as coordination of delivery of materials required for FAT’s or product development.
- Process and track machinery orders, projects, and jobs in Harpak-ULMA CRM for prompt completion, whether delivered directly from the factory in Spain or from HUP inventory.
- Requires HU CRM updates for jobs
- Support the Service team with downloading manuals, videos for each project. Collection of information for install packets.
- Creation of Dossiers for projects from ULMA CRM
- Tracking active orders in ULMA CRM.
- Update job status for jobs meetings and run jobs meeting
- Work with third party suppliers such as providers of printing, labeling, filling solutions etc. to obtain proposals for integration into complete solution selling quotations.
- Facilitate prompt and accurate transition of information from the Sales Department to the Technical Services Department using the hand off process to help facilitate a successful installation process and high customer satisfaction.
- Assist with customer demonstrations in-house and field test when required.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
- Assist FP Manager in monitoring, and reporting.
- Provide additional support to the Flow Pack, VT and Stretch sales with technical data related to the equipment orders, collection of information for equipment orders and details related to applications in the sales process.
- The quote support role requires conference calls with customers and sales team for relaying of information and technical details of machinery and applications.
- Assist in the entering application information for quotations in ULMA CRM. Further use the implement processes and procedures for proposals, machine orders and supports for proper technical and commercial aspects specific to our Flow Pack, Vertical and Stretch business (i.e. RFQ’s, layout drawings, package drawings etc.).
- Work closely with Flow Pack Product Manager to review information and application details for flow pack, vertical and stretch wrap RFQ’s, orders and document technical details prior to commencement of machine ordering process.
- Support the quoting process with equipment drawings, detailed line layouts, including accessory and secondary packaging equipment using AutoCAD and ULMA quote/technical department.
- Process and follow up on machinery orders for prompt completion, whether delivered directly from the factory in Spain or from HUP inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Engineering /Associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or technical area of study; and two to five years related service or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write proposals, routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions, package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks or AutoCAD, the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel if required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.