Job Title: Mondini Technician and Sales Representative
Location: Remote – Mexico
Summary: The technician will use their mechanical/electrical education and background to troubleshoot and repair the most challenging technical issues. This support will consist of troubleshooting customer issues on-site and over the phone leveraging technology for remote support. You will also install various packaging equipment machines in order to support our customer base, such as tray sealers, tray formers, fillers, dosers, and secondary packaging machines. Once trained, there must be an ability and willingness to travel for technical support.
This position also requires that you help lead the sales effort for tray sealing equipment in Mexico, working in close cooperation with the VP of Sales. Active canvassing, routine customer follow ups and regular customer ‘touches’ from both a sales and a customer service perspective are key. The position entails both pre-sale and post-sale activities to ensure maximum customer confidence and satisfaction through the establishment of trusted advisor standing on an on-going basis.
Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate customer needs.
- Teamwork- Able to provide relevant thoughts on machine related issues or improvements and work through them with the group.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving- Able to troubleshoot advanced electrical or mechanical machine issues with limited supervision. Will reach out to more experienced Techs when needed and also provide technical guidance to others. Possesses a minimum of 5 years of experience in this skill set.
- Business Acumen- Has a solid understanding of Harpak-ULMA’s products and services and is able to promote the importance of preventative maintenance and maximizing machine efficiency.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Proactively works with customers in determining solutions. Provides Follow up assistance. Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Technical Skills- Has strong technical acumen the ability to learn concepts quickly; can develop new skills and knowledge; is good at learning company, product, or technical knowledge like Electrical, Mechanical and PLC. Ability to work with high precision and close tolerance proficiency. Able to work independently with little supervision. Proficient in standard and metric systems.
- Decision Making- Is able to reach out to other Engineers and Service Managers when not sure on a resolution. Strives to always make the best decision for the company.
Technical Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Utilize their prior technical engineering education to work on mechanical, electrical, and controls issues on our packaging equipment and systems.
- The Field Service Engineer must be a self-starter and comfortable working with people in trouble-shooting and problem solving situations.
- The Field Service Engineer will be proficient in conducting detailed service and expense reports expected with our processes in a timely manner. Utilizes appropriate technology tools (hardware, software) to ensure efficiency of submittals.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Must be team oriented, have a “Can Do” approach to all challenges and possess a strong commitment to quality.
- This Field Service Engineer role will consist of training provided via Online Learning Management System, on-site at our Taunton MA or Ball Ground, GA facility. You will also shadow other FSE’s/FST’s throughout the US for installation and repair service visits. Metrics of knowledge retention and ability will be evaluated in our onboarding process.
- Second level of training will be for them to lead the troubleshooting and installation service calls and be shadowed by a senior FSE’s/FST’s. They will be evaluated in each of these as to when they are qualified to conduct this service support solo.
- Associate will need to be adept in providing technical phone support and documenting calls and solutions in a detailed manner.
- Associate must follow all customer’s procedures and protocols on site visits.
Sales Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Establish commercial and customer service presence and success in the Southern California and Arizona market for industrial packaging solutions by building visibility and customer contacts.
- Canvas and call on existing and potential customers in the Southern California and Arizona market in order to generate and follow up on sales leads, manage post-sale satisfaction, suggest appropriate operational changes to maximize value delivered and communication of customer issues to customer service as appropriate.
- Promote and sell all levels of Harpak-ULMA equipment, parts and services.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, sales meetings, industry meetings and local association events and other sales and customer support related activities as deemed feasible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accredited Engineering Degree required. A minimum of 5 years proven field service experience in troubleshooting mechanical/electrical issues desired. Prior industry-related experience would be a plus.
- Experience in capital equipment sales and packaging industry knowledge a plus. Demonstrated proven success in sales generation.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to get a passport
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.