Mondini Field Service Manager
Taunton, MA (Bos/Pvd)
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering and Technical Services Team that provides the highest levels of customer service in the industry. As the Technical Services Manager you will lead a team of 15-20 Field Technicians and Technical Administrators. We are looking for someone with high energy that has a track record of personnel and technical leadership. We are also looking for someone who is hungry for career advancement and helping bring our organization to a new level.
Harpak-ULMA is located in Taunton Massachusetts, equidistant from both Boston and Providence. This position has primary responsibility for supervising and supporting the Mondini Field and Technical support of Harpak-ULMA products throughout North America. The position will also assist in safety and training programs. Ability and willingness to travel up to 10-15% of the time is required.
Harpak-ULMA just recently celebrated 25 years in business and continues to grow significantly in numerous industries. We are committed to be the Packaging Equipment Technology leader and are looking for highly motivated individuals to be a part of our team.
This position will require travel up to 10-15% of the time for field employee management, training & coaching. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate customer schedules. The Manager needs to be available for occasional weekend phone calls to reprioritize field assignments based on customer emergencies.
A generous compensation package will be provided based on previous experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is being provided by effectively managing our Mondini service team.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day customer hot issues that require immediate attention and resolution.
- Coach and develop a team of skilled and motivated field service technicians; hold personnel accountable for high performance towards company cultural expectations, personal performance goals and activities. Assist the VP of Engineering and Technical Services in determining future hiring needs and organizational changes as needed.
- Monitor that technicians are utilized efficiently with appropriate downtime.
- Manage equipment non-conformities across Mondini product line and communicate effectively with the factory.
- Ensure safety polices and procedures are being adhered to.
- Effectively onboard new team members.
- Develop strategy that balances utilization with advancing technical and training needs of the team.
- Oversee change management to ensure proper recording and documentation for all stakeholders of machine modifications, program changes and application enhancements for both existing installed base of machines as well as new equipment being delivered.
- Work with VP of Engineering and Technical Services to ensure that company objectives are being met by the Mondini Technical Support team. This includes developing and managing cross-functional goals.
- Assist in the implementation & training of new products and services into the marketplace. Work in tandem with the Technical Trainer to help promote field training.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the VP of Engineering and Technical Services.
- Provide Quality Audits of Mondini Field Service Technicians. This will be done onsite and requires travel. The technical services manager will evaluate how effective the FST’s are in managing and leading on-site efforts.
- Provide escalation support to customers 24/7 when needs arise and when technicians require management assistance. Dispatch field service personnel when required.
- Associate must be a self-starter and comfortable working with people in trouble-shooting and problem solving situations.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Must be team oriented and possess a strong commitment to quality.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments in the industry.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical HUP and competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience within the packaging industry preferred.
Electrical and mechanical knowledge is required in trouble-shooting problems.
Pluses: General knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming and trouble-shooting. B&R programming experience a plus. Experience with Compact Logic, Micro Logic, SLC500 and RS View.
Engineering Degree (preferably Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical), PLC programming/troubleshooting knowledge preferred. 5+ years supervising or managing teams of 7 or larger. MBA and PMP a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents including mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
Math Ability: N/A
Ability to assess and define problems, interpret instruction and act accordingly.
Experience with MS Office Suite and Windows platform. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro desired.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license required. Hold a US passport or the ability to obtain a passport for travel.
Field Service Technicians and in-house assigned groups
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a combination of shop/warehouse environments. Exposure to fluctuating hot and cold temperatures. Exposure to warehouse elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Ability to sit for extended durations when traveling by car or airplane. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, squat and move about a facility. Keen hearing and sight ability (close and distance vision) for detecting any abnormalities with the machines. Proper use of safety devices as required for the safe operation of all machinery, tools and equipment.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: