Summary: The associate will report to the President and manage marketing programs, support business objectives, lead acquisition, foster customer retention, provide sales support, and advance brand building.
Time Utilization: Full-time, Monday – Friday. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Occasionally may require working beyond the normal business hours. May travel up to 10-20% of the time for trade shows.
Compensation: Commensurate with previous experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for product sales. Design and execute focused marketing programs to drive lead generation and brand awareness.
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics and fill the sales funnel with quality leads that will result in business development opportunities.
- Grow and nurture leads by converting web site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead gen content.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing process (HubSpot) to better track Marketing Qualified Leads, Sales Qualified Leads and Deals.
- Collaborate with Product Manager’s and customers to create educational content around important topics, relevant terms, and keywords and distribute through all marketing channels (email, landing pages, web site, social, blog etc.).
- Grow sales and marketing database across market segments (meat, poultry, bakery, produce, seafood, cheese, and medical).
- Manage the strategy and set-up of paid ad campaigns and on-site and off-site SEO for the company.
- Develop customer personas and ideal customer profiles to better reach company’s target audience.
- Manage all aspects of tradeshows (US and International) by driving strategy, messaging, vendors, logistics, etc. Execute promotional materials for usage at the tradeshows and salesmen throughout the year.
- Partner with the outside Agency to ensure brand consistency and all details are executed completely. Work with outside Agency to plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and manages marketing plan and operating budget in conjunction with the President.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Conduct customer and market research and evaluate competitors in market. (Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.)
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Prepares marketing activity reports, KPIs and dashboards and presents to executive management.
- Find opportunities for customer outreach including webinars, public speakers, and social media.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Stay abreast of new developments within the marketing/PR environments.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence.
- Manage other related projects as required/assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Marketing, Business or related area; a minimum of seven years previous marketing experience working in a product environment with equivalent years’ experience in tradeshow/convention planning. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities and manage deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to read and write reports and correspondence. Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written. Ability to develop and present PowerPoint presentations.
Math Ability: Basic ability to work with figures.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define issues, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an associate must be proficient in MS Office Suite products and Windows platform. Working knowledge of HubSpot, FileMaker Pro and Visio strongly desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work is done in an office setting. Occasional expose to a warehouse setting where the noise level could increase. When traveling for tradeshows, work takes place in large convention centers and hotels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands for computer work.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: