Lead Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Working in a fast-paced shipping department and meeting the daily demands of internal and external customers on time while providing exceptional service. Pick, Pack, and ship daily orders accurately within time constraints. Receive, put away product into bin locations. Handle LTL quotes and logistics scheduling for vendors and customers. As time permits reorganize parts shelves, cycle counts and general preplanned projects. In the absence of the supervisor, lead the team to ensure the daily departmental tasks/goals are completed on time. Within our fast-paced environment, keeping a calm focused approach and having strong communication and organizational skills with close attention to detail are a must.
Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. This position will have work hours from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm. Work schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate peak business fluctuations, including weekend work.
Commensurate with previous experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Receiving incoming products and materials.
- Requires completion of incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificate of conformance and reconciliation of receiving / purchase documentation.
- Notification and/or delivery of incoming product to end user.
- Each receipt must have documentation (packing slip, etc.) to support computer system entries.
- Requires completion of daily Receiving entries in computer system.
- Receivers distributed to purchasing office for filing.
- Raw material and critical supply inventories.
- Requires maintenance and cleaning of inventory area, inventory organization and racking, inventory cycle counting and reporting.
- Actual Physical Counts of Raw Material and tag controls required.
- All outbound shipments.
- Requires preparation of sequentially numbered paperwork in inventory accounting system, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of logistic services for both domestic and international shipments.
- UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively and understood for summary reporting on request. DHL software for International shipments.
- Daily housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
- Requires hands on cleaning and maintenance along with organization and interpersonal skills to coordinate with other departments.
- Documentation distribution.
- Requires transfer of all original documents to Warehouse Manager and Customer Service Manager for distribution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required. A minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred. Forklift experience required for moving equipment up to 15,000 lbs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating manuals and shipping paperwork. Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively work with Company personnel and Shipping vendors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide including fractions and percentages.
Ability to assess and define problems, interpret instruction and act accordingly.
Must have familiarity with MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license.
In the absence of the supervisor, lead the team to ensure the daily departmental tasks/goals are completed on time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a combination of shop/warehouse environments. Exposure to fluctuating hot and cold temperatures. Exposure to warehouse elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to lift and/or move up to 50-70 lbs. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, squat and move about a facility. Keen hearing and sight ability (close and distance vision). Proper use of safety devices as required for the job.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.