Job Title: Innovation Engineer, Augmented Reality & Internet of Things
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Department: Engineering & Technical Services
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the best diagnostic and training tools to our manufacturing partners.
Harpak-ULMA is located in Taunton Massachusetts, equidistant from both Boston and Providence. Harpak-ULMA just recently celebrated 25 years in business and has an exciting plan for significant growth in numerous industries. We are committed to being the Packaging Equipment Technology leader and are looking for highly motivated individuals to be a part of our team.
As an Innovation Engineer, your principal work assignments will involve integrating packaging equipment with augmented reality devices and technology. One specific example of this work would be converting traditional technical training content into a 3D, augmented reality experience. Using the voice and gesture control capabilities along with AR/VR image overlays, our intent is to design performance monitoring, training and troubleshooting applications that are more efficiently accomplished with the use of AR/VR.
We are a focused team of engineering professionals based in the Boston/Providence area working on bringing state-of-the art technology to some of the finest packaging equipment in a variety of manufacturing industries (food, medical device, durable goods). In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Own the ThingWorx IoT platform maintenance, development and support
- Manage Kepware Server, Kepware Edge, Restful API, Ewon connections to ThingWorx
- Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC programs in order to send data to ThingWorx
- Architect network connections for IoT devices for remote access, data collection, and analytics
- Configure asset models in ThingWorx to include dashboards, reporting, alerts etc
- Create AR work instructions using Vuforia Expert Capture & Instruct
- Edit existing 3D Models to fit Augmented Reality use cases
- Demonstrate AR/IoT Experiences at the Harpak-Ulma Customer Experience Center
- Author demos highlighting existing and future capabilities
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Coding and Software Development
- Experience with CAD/CAM software
- Ability to create AR experiences
- Previous experience with AR hardware (HoloLens, Magic Leap, etc.)
- Experience using ThingWorx
- Creo Parametric, Creo Illustrate, OnShape are a plus
- Experience in Industrial Automation is a plus (Fanuc, ABB, Universal Robotics)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Providence metro areas.
- US Citizenship required
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management. Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements mentioned above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email your resume in MS Word or a PDF to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it with your resume.
Email your resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer