Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Taunton, MA
The position proactively supports the Human Resources Function by managing the day to day activities related to payroll, benefits, recruiting, and record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Process biweekly payroll. Reviews OT calculations and related reports including any special payrolls (i.e. holiday bonus).
- Prepares reports for OT, 401K, Holiday Bonus, Profit Sharing Bonus, Annual Review Raises, Workers Comp audit and other ad hoc requests.
- Processes payroll journal entries and accruals.
- Sets up new employees in Filemaker and ADP, maintains sick and vacation tracking.
- Manage the ADP system to ensure all data is accurate and up to date. Populate ADP database for current employees and then maintain for all new employees.
- Maintains and updates all HR and employee files. Ensures that files are complete and in compliance with Harpak-ULMA policies and legal regulations.
- Ensures that all benefit documents, as well as employment and enrollment forms are current and complete. Prepares, distributes and collects benefit information materials, and assists in administering open enrollment.
- Reviews / approves all benefits invoices.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing and hiring Harpak-ULMA personnel.
- Coordinates the updating of job descriptions. Receives and reviews job descriptions from department managers and ensures that information is complete and current.
- Conducts new employee orientations and ensures that personnel are well informed of human resource policies and benefit programs.
- Assists with the preparation and reviews federal and state reports including EEO, OSHA, and Workers Compensation documents.
- Resolves employee questions, requests and problems courteously and promptly.
- Processes all wage garnishments and UI filing updates.
- Assists in preparing and reviewing employee benefit statements.
- Participates in salary surveys. Reviews completed documents for accuracy.
- Assists in annual 401K audit process.
- Assists with American Express / National Car Programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Bachelor or Associate degree preferred. Some college course work and training in Human Resource Management or equivalent field experience; at least one to three years. Professional certification is a plus. Knowledge of all federal, state, and local employment laws
Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, payroll documentation and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write process documentation and other routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from employees and management.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pay rate, overtime, benefit deductions and financial reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial and human resource related reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, and Payroll Software (ADP and Concur experience a plus). Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.