- Reduced labor costs – both for bagging and handling of leakers and materials for line.
- Virtually eliminates leakers due to seal contamination
- Film savings for some products, usually in the length of the bag.
- Reduced product handling
- Storage space for the film is less than the space used for bag storage
- Reduction of corrugated waste from boxes containing bags.
- Higher line efficiency
SAMPLE COST COMPARISON: HAND BAGGING VS ULMA FLOWVAC® SYSTEMS
Fresh boneless pork loins
Standard bagging speed by hand (4 people) 22 ppm
Standard bagging speed with Flow-Vac 28 ppm
This means going from 1,320 pph to 1,680 pph = Δ 27.3%!!
Average leaker rates hand-bagged 8%
Average leaker rates with Flow-Vac ≤ 1%
This means 118 less leakers per hour per line!!
Reduction of 1 leaker every 30 seconds!
Number of people needed for hand-bagging 6 people/shift
Number of people needed for Flow-Vac 2 people/shift
This is a labor savings of 67%!!
Savings per year could be:
Leakers 1,770 pcs/day @ $1.25 x 250 days $553,125
People savings (2 shifts) 8 ppl @ $45,000 $360,000
Increased productivity PRICELESS!