Job Title: Engineering Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations and output of the engineering, assembly, and fabrication functions. Daily responsibility is focused on but not limited to safety, quality, production, leadership development, management of personnel, monthly metrics, 5S, Visual Factory Controls, developing a continuous improvement culture, and delivering company strategic goals.
Harpak-ULMA is a fast-paced environment that requires all employees to be self-motivated. Customer issues are dealt with great urgency. We want individuals to join our team only if they are excited about contributing and winning.
Time Utilization: Domestic and International travel up to 15% of time, supporting shows and occasional customer/factory visits. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate shop operations, customer visits, show preparation, etc. schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversee and direct activities related to machine assembly/testing/validation.Assign technical personnel to specific tasks, monitor process (paperwork, filemaker, etc.) to ensure that employees perform correctly to prevent delays and defects.
- Act as a liaison with customers, suppliers, and internal employees involved in the process of readying machines for production, making samples, demonstrations and show preparation (e.g., technical services, sales, product managers, etc.).
- Supervise all aspects of engineering operations including design, drafting, engineering, implementation, procurement, assembly, testing, etc.
- Review CRM and prioritize activity for direct/indirect reports.
- Work with management to assure sufficient resources are acquired and allocated for timely completion of engineering activities.
- Develop and execute pre-delivery inspections and prep for FAT’s/SAT’s.
- Stay current on new equipment technologies for ULMA and Mondini lines.
- Provide leadership for equipment show preparation and support setup/execution at various shows throughout the year.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors degree. At least three years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, AutoCAD/Solidworks drawings, technical descriptions, and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write proposals, routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions, package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Experience using Proficient in AutoCAD Inventor 3D modeling, AutoCAD 2D design software (required), Creo Parametric software, 3DS Max, and Java script a plus SolidWorks and AutoCAD along with Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates will work well with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.