Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Location: Taunton, MA
Reports to: COO/Owner
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salaried
Organized and supportive, yet firm when enforcing company procedures and best practices, our HR Director acts as the bridge between employees and leadership. The HR Director provides hands-on guidance to the organization’s HR operations, setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
The HR Director will offer proactive HR support to align business objectives with employees and management. Partner with leadership to implement effective HR programs, organizational development, and effective management techniques. Use knowledge of Harpak-ULMA’s business goals and activities, and the application of Human Resources principles, to assess and improve company success and increase organizational effectiveness overall.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Track key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions, assessing the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, and temporary employees; write and place advertisements; review applications/resumes, evaluate skills, interview applicants via phone or in person, make recommendations for qualified applications, and send follow-up communications to non-selected candidates.
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisals, and employee incentive programs.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assist with the resolution of human resource, performance management, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues. Conduct employee engagement and job satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Manage other related HR projects as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or related area; a minimum of ten years of human resources experience and five years of previous experience managing a human resources department. Small to midsize company experience preferable. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to read and write reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to associate inquiries, regulatory agencies, benefit vendors, and applicants. Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written. Ability to present company policies and benefits information to associates of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures for budget, payroll and benefits purposes.
Ability to define issues, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an associate must be proficient in MS Office Suite products and Windows platform. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro and payroll processing desired.
Certificates and Licenses: PHR or SPHR desired.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Do you fit with Harpak-Ulma’s core values?
- Service-Customers 1st
- Excellence-Continuously Improve
- Commitment-Dedicated and Accountable
- Teamwork-Partner, Respect and Grow
- Innovation-Solve Tough Problems
Perks At Harpak-Uma? We’ve got you covered…
- 401K match
- 3 Weeks of Vacation
- 1 Week of Sick Time
- Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of Vacation with each year of service
- 10 Annual Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after hire
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Team Building Events
- Hybrid Work Schedule
If you feel you’re the one we want for the job, we want to hear from you!
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.