Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Location: Taunton, MA
Reports to: COO/Owner
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salaried
Who We Are:
Harpak-ULMA Packaging sets the standard for complete, automated product-to-pallet equipment and service solutions. We shatter traditional barriers in our space, integrating the most advanced digital technology and expertise to design, build, implement, and maintain innovative turnkey packaging solutions that do more. Together with our customers, we work toward fulfilling our vision of improved market performance, minimized Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and enhanced market performance across all systems.
Who We Are Seeking:
Harpak-ULMA Packaging seeks an organized, focused, creative leader to join our team as the Director of Human Resources (HR). This position is ideal for the Director who loves working with people on every level – potential candidates, existing employees, management, and senior leadership – to improve our organization’s long-term vision, mission, goals, policies, and operations.
The HR Director is a compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive maestro, answering questions concerning all HR functions with a welcoming, friendly manner and expertise beyond reproach. They possess an intimate knowledge of intrinsic business goals and activities and a broader understanding of employment law, human resources practices, and overall talent management.
More than theory and principle, our HR Director stays engaged with employees, attending various networking and company events, organizing cultural and team building exercises, and rating worker satisfaction to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
The right candidate is also a natural recruiter and master communicator. Our HR Director is a creative writer and career advertiser with an expert understanding of the application and hiring process. They can separate the exceptional from the good at a glance, clearly communicate expectations with any potential candidate, and make expert recommendations to leadership based on those interactions.
Finally, our chosen HR Director is never afraid of numbers. They work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on processing and reporting. They balance annual staffing and human resources budgets with a strict attention to detail and ensure regular, bi-weekly, multi-state and Canadian payroll for all employees.
The right HR Director is a natural-born leader, guide, policymaker, and long-term strategist for talent management goals. They don’t shy away from challenges and are willing to take on additional employment and policy creation, and implementation responsibilities as the company continues to grow.
Organized and supportive, yet firm when enforcing company procedures and best practices, our HR Director acts as the bridge between employees and leadership. The HR Director provides hands-on guidance to the organization’s HR operations, setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
As HR Director, you will offer proactive HR support to align business objectives with employees and management. You will partner with leadership to implement effective HR programs, organizational development, and effective management techniques. You will use your intimate knowledge of Harpak-ULMA’s business goals and activities, and your application of Human Resources principles, to assess and improve company success and increase organizational effectiveness overall.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Track key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions, assessing the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, and temporary employees; write and place advertisements; review applications/resumes, evaluate skills, interview applicants via phone or in person, make recommendations for qualified applications, and send follow-up communications to non-selected candidates.
- Research, develop, and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisals, and employee incentive programs
- Provide guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assist with the resolution of human resource, performance management, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues. Conduct employee engagement and job satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Manage other related HR projects as necessary.
We want to Hear from you If (Qualifications):
- You know Human Resources. You maintain an impressive knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, HR procedures, and talent management.
- Numbers don’t scare you. You draft and implement the organization’s human resources and staffing budget. You can manage bi-weekly, multi-state, and Canadian payroll and work with C-Suite level management on processing and reports.
- You’re an impeccable organizer, event planner, and active participant. Coordinating and managing employee cultural and team-building events is your true love. You enjoy nothing more than participating in professional development and networking conferences and events, getting to know and appreciate your new Harpak-ULMA Packaging family.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or related area; a minimum of ten years of human resources experience and five years of previous experience managing a human resources department. Small to midsize company experience preferable. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and effectively work with changing priorities. PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP desired.
Our work is never perfect, so how can we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek at Harpak-ULMA Packaging are original thinkers and doers who turn unconventional ideas into reality to solve tomorrow’s biggest packaging sales challenges. Are you that person? Check your doubt at the door and sign up for a role that’s ready to excite and challenge you in new ways!
If you feel you’re the one we want for the job, we want to hear from you!
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.