Developer, Augmented/Virtual Reality & 3D
Engineering & Technical Services
Taunton, MA (Greater Boston and Providence Area)
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the best diagnostic and training tools to our manufacturing partners.
Harpak-ULMA is located in Taunton Massachusetts, equidistant from both Boston and Providence. Harpak-ULMA just recently celebrated 25 years in business and continues to grow significantly in numerous industries. We are committed to being the Packaging Equipment Technology leader and are looking for highly motivated individuals to be a part of our team.
As a Developer of AR/VR and 3D content, your principal work assignments will involve integrating packaging equipment with augmented reality devices and technology. One specific example of this work would be converting traditional technical training content into a 3D, augmented reality experience. Using the voice and gesture control capabilities along with AR/VR image overlays, our intent is to design performance monitoring, training and troubleshooting applications that are more efficiently accomplished with the use of AR/VR.
We are a focused team of engineering professionals based in the Boston/Providence area working on bringing state-of-the art technology to some of the finest packaging equipment in a variety of manufacturing industries (food, medical device, durable goods). In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Create Creo models to be used with PTC Vuforia software.
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings 3D Assembly Drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, in collaboration with project management.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the application engineer or project manager.
- Revise and update drawings from outside Vendors for manufacturing to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Works with Engineering Manager on all engineering guidelines.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters) for future reference.
- Part modeling and detailing experience using AutoCAD Inventor software.
- Good communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Inventor 3D modeling.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software (required).
- Creo Parametric software a plus
- 3DS Max a plus
- Java script a plus
Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, at least two years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Some travel, domestic and international is expected to showcase capabilities, but significant amounts are not anticipated.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Providence metro areas.
- US Citizenship required
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: