Customer Service Representative
The Associate is responsible for effective customer service for all customers, both internal and external, while operating within the established department policies and procedures. In this role, you will provide customers with services associated with the ordering process, which includes quotes, entering orders, confirmations, issuing product return authorizations and follow up activities. At times you will be communicating and working closely with our technical department to collaborate on support for the customer. This is a fast paced and time sensitive work environment.
Customer Service business hours are 8:30am to 6:00pm.
Current open shift 9:30-6:00 pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Organize and manage your day-to-day customer order processing activities timely for both internal and external customers through supporting tasks including quoting, order placement, acknowledgments, confirmations, back-order follow up, issue resolution, customer returns and sharing of end-user feedback.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of our major suppliers regarding their capabilities and procedures on how to conduct business.
- Manage Customer Portal requirements.Includes downloading/uploading customer order related documents, purchase orders, confirmations, and submitting invoices for payment.
- Creating and coordinating Nafta related documents for shipping customer orders into Canada and Mexico.
- Daily invoicing of all shipments to customers and sending the invoices via email, US Postal Service, or customer portals.
- Participate in the review and creation of departmental processes to eliminate “waste” and increase efficiencies as needed.
- Contribute to the work environment that fosters team pride and promotes personal growth.
- End of day activities of Locking and Securing the building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Associate degree preferred with a minimum of 5+ Years customer service experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word & Excel Required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, equipment manuals and shipping paperwork. Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively work with Company personnel and product/service vendors.
Basic math skills will be needed to analyze costs and prices to ensure accuracy.
Ability over time to learn and read supplier equipment manuals to identify needed parts.
You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of the company.
- Ability to communicate well in written format and verbally.
- Active listening skills to understand all that is being requested by the customer.
- Ability to resolve customer conflicts quickly.
Ability to organize and coordinate multiple requests and bring them to a reasonable conclusion at the end of each day.
Being accountable to the internal and external customers and their respective requests, timely. Communicate and meet the expectations of the customer.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a combination of office/warehouse environments.
When working between the warehouse and office areas you will be have exposure to fluctuating warm and cool temperatures.
The ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, stoop, squat and move about a facility. Keen hearing and sight ability (close and distance vision). Proper use of safety devices as required for the job.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.