The position proactively manages and enhances the day-to-day accounting and reporting for the organization, which ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, sales tax management, annual audit work, invoicing, customer payments, expense and financial reporting. The position works in close coordination with the CFO, the Finance, Sales and Service Teams to enhance customer relationships and provide support to the HUP internal team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage month-end close process including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations. Prepare monthly financial reporting package including Technical Reporting and Product Line Reporting.
- Prepare annual audit and tax packages and work with external auditors to provide support and answers. Participate in annual physical inventory and work with Director of Customer Service to implement Cycle Counting process.
- Manage Accounts Payable team member and related functions, including: ability to act as backup for all functions, coding & posting invoices, freight billing, T&E review and posting, annual 1099 process, check issuance, implementation of ACH, reconciliation of prepaids and received not invoiced.
- Manage Fixed Assets and Depreciation including: invoice approvals and posting, monthly depreciation journal entries and reconciliations.
- Work with Staff Accountant to manage billing process and act as backup for all functions, billing and tracking of equipment invoicing, service invoicing.
- Lead participant in collection process and follow up with customers to ensure timely receipt of receivables.
- Act as backup for payroll processing and perform biweekly review of payroll prior to processing and preparation of Journal Entry and monthly accrual.
- Oversee sales tax filings in US and Canada.
- Assist in preparation of customer leases and maintenance of insurance certificates.
- Implement new vendor processes to include vendor setup, W9, and insurance certificates.
- Implement new customer processes to include credit check and sales tax exemption certificates. Process credit checks and approve credit release for past due / hold customers.
- Manage obsolete inventory review process and provide tracking and reporting of review and write-offs.
- Provide support to the benefits and insurance renewals and related audits.
- Prepare weekly cash reporting and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Ensure compliance with Accounting / Company policies and procedures. Ensure that all current and new processes are clearly documented.
- Work with CFO and other departments to make improvements to the processes to drive efficiency and increased accuracy. Assist in evaluation and implementation of new ERP system including a new Service Management module and Job Costing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business area of study; and two to five years of experience dealing directly with general ledger accounting; management of A/R and A/P and US and Canadian Sales Tax or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret financial documents. Ability to effectively converse with customers to collect money in a professional manner and with internal HUP personnel to provide support and answers to questions.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as foreign exchange conversions, journal entries, billing summaries.
Ability to collect data and provide summary data reflecting what happened. Understand the process flow of our business and the various accounting interactions and how they relate. Ability to gather data from multiple systems and collate into meaningful reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
Great Plains Accounting Software, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.