Collections/Accounting Associate (Part-time 20 hours)
The position proactively supports and enhances the day-to-day accounting and reporting for the organization, which ensures timely and accurate invoicing, customer payments, expense and financial reporting. The position works in close coordination with the Senior Staff Accountant, the CFO, Accounts Payable, Sales and Service Teams to enhance customer relationships and provide support to the Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC. (“HUP”) internal team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze accounts receivable aging. Make collection calls and follow up with customers to ensure timely receipt of receivables. Utilize customer’s systems (i.e. Ariba), where necessary, to help facilitate the process.
- Prepare daily cash reconciliation to bank, post cash receipts and ensure they have been applied accurately.
- Assist customers with billing issue resolution. Issue credits for customer returns.
- Prepare all Service invoicing including expense report data from Concur.
- Issue lease invoices.
- Process expense reports through Concur.
- Process credit checks and setup new customers including collection of tax exempt certificates or establishment of sales tax codes, as appropriate.
- Run quarterly sales by states reports
- Ensure compliance with Accounting / Company policies and procedures. Work with CFO and other departments to make improvements to the processes to drive efficiency and increased accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business area of study; and two to five years of experience dealing directly with billing and cash receipts, and general accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret financial documents. Ability to effectively converse with customers to collect money in a professional manner and with internal HUP personnel to provide support and answers to questions.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as foreign exchange conversions, journal entries, billing summaries.
Ability to collect data and provide summary data reflecting what happened. Understand the process flow of our business and the various accounting interactions and how they relate. Ability to gather data from multiple systems and collate into meaningful reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) Accounting Software, strong Excel user, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: