Location: GA or MA
In coordination with Flow Pack Product Manager, develop a Bakery Segment Marketing program to expand sales opportunities for Harpak-ULMA packaging machinery. Develop a training and sales program for the Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) to help expand sales opportunities in the bakery industry. Travel with RSMs to visit customers for introduction of Harpak-ULMA, collection of data for applications and presentation of solutions for packaging machinery. Work with Flow Pack Technical Administrator to process product and application data for creation of quotations using internal CRM system. Assist in conducting customer machine demonstrations and coordinate resources for professionally executed equipment demonstrations. Assist potential or existing customers with package development and testing.
Time Utilization: This position may travel up to 50-60% of the time for sales support and trade shows. International travel may be required. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade show and customer schedules.
Compensation: Commensurate with previous experience and proven results from a similar position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist Sales group in developing commercial opportunities in the Bakery Industry for packaging machinery.
- Travel and support RSMs for customer presentations and sales process.
- Teach RSMs about bakery market segment and details required for collection of customer data for preparing proposals.
- Work closely with third party suppliers of supporting technologies (printing, labeling, feeding solutions etc.) to develop complete and profitable solution selling.
- Communicate with factory regarding engineering of potential machine applications, request of layout drawings, factory product samples, and customer visits.
- Perform competitive win/loss analysis for feedback into product line and sales strategy.
- Manage pricing strategy to optimize product segment market share and profitability.
- Communicate directly with customers to confirm application data via in person visits, e-mail and telephone.
- Identify current competitive solutions and disseminate information internally as appropriate.
- Provide support in preparing documentation for sales group for presentation and related to proposals.
- Help to identify and verify suppliers with auxiliary equipment offers in relation to the scope of the project at hand. (Loading systems, printers, etc.)
- Work with marketing to develop promotions, sales incentives and advertising campaigns as necessary.
- Record, document and file all activities for later reference or repetition.
- Coordinate the necessary training of the sales team to support and enhance the sales process for optimal efficiency with the goal of having a min. 20% close rate on new sales opportunities developed into formal proposals.
- For selected applications lead the development of product justifications, including return on investment studies and other purchase rationale.
- Communicate with sale force on information related to machinery proposals and product sample requests.
- Assist in coordinating sample making and customer demonstrations in-house.
- Attend internal sales meetings and training sessions as required.
- Attend occasional trade shows to support sales team as well as stay informed of customer expectations and market developments.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments from film and materials suppliers.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution; and five years related support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Packaging machinery and bakery industry experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as application data sheets, quote requests, and equipment layout drawings. Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and Windows platform. Working knowledge of SolidWorks or AutoCAD would be a big plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and salary expectations to:
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC 175
John Quincy Adams Road
Taunton, MA 02780
Harpak-ULMA is an equal employment opportunity employer.