Application Engineer – Tray Seal
The position proactively supports and enhances the sales activities by developing and managing procedures and systems, which ensure timely and accurate development and submission of professional machine proposals. The position works in close coordination with the Sales Team as well as the Product Manager to facilitate clarity and organization of technical and commercial details surrounding the Tray Seal line sales process from quotation development to order. Position also works with inside Technical Sales Support for accuracy of orders to factory.
This position may travel up to 15% of the time – mostly for technical support in the field or at the factory and occasional trade shows. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate trade show and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that ensure accurate proposals and orders and supports the proper technical and commercial aspects specific to our Tray Sealing business (i.e. RFQ’s).
- Prepare SOP’s for quotation and order processes to ensure clarity, accuracy and timely execution.
- Work closely with Tray Seal Product Manager and Assistant Product Manager to review all RFQ’s to clarify and document technical details prior to commencement of quotation process.
- Work with inside Technical Sales support for accuracy of orders to factory.
- Record, document and file all activities for later reference or repetition.
- Work with third party suppliers such as providers of printing, labeling, filling solutions etc. and automation manager to obtain proposals for integration into complete solution selling quotations.
- Produce package samples and assist making and customer demonstrations in-house.
- Attend occasional trade shows to stay informed of customer expectations and market developments.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments from film and materials suppliers.
- Stay current on new technologies for Mondini Tray Seal equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or technical area of study; and two to five years of experience dealing directly with customers; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food industry experience a big plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write proposals, routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization. Strong written communication skills required. Writing skills are necessary for preparing proposals to customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions, package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: