Job Title: Application Engineer – Tray Seal
Location: Taunton, MA
Reports to: Product Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
The position proactively supports and enhances the sales and post-sales activities by developing and managing procedures and systems, which ensure timely and accurate development and submission of professional machine proposals and orders, as well as providing support for project management and project administration. The position works in close coordination with the Sales Team, Product Manager, Project Managers, and Project Administrators to facilitate clarity and organization of technical and commercial details surrounding the Tray Seal line sales process from quotation development, order to the factory, and follow up after the order is placed.
Time Utilization: This position may travel up to 15% of the time – mostly for technical support in the field or at the factory for in person FAT. Normal business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Lead and document virtual and in-person sales (customer facing) calls and meetings professionally with customers and prospects to gather necessary information for bidding and orders to the factory, as well as internal project kickoff meetings with project management and inside sales technical support.
- Field technical inquiries from customers, prospects, regional sales managers, project administrators, and project managers.
- Take initiative to gather and analyze information to ensure accurate proposals and orders and support the proper technical and commercial aspects specific to our Tray Sealing business. Work with a sense of urgency to actively minimize lead times between processes and meet deadlines.
- Correspond with customers, and work with inside Technical Sales, Project Administration, and Project Management to confirm all technical details, ensure accuracy of orders to factory and hand-off to Project Management.
- Correspond with Technical Services, Project Manager, and Project Administrator to address change orders and technical inquiries after sale.
- Conduct periodic market studies and research activities for competitive landscape and market analysis.
- Assist and run virtual and in-person FATs for specified projects while taking and distributing detailed notes.
- Create and manipulate conceptual CAD layouts using Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- Record, document and file all activities for later reference or repetition.
- Work with third party suppliers such as providers of printing, filling solutions etc. and automation manager to obtain proposals for integration into complete solution selling quotations.
- Stay current on new applications, capabilities and new developments from film and materials suppliers.
- Stay current on new technologies for Mondini Tray Seal equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical or competitive information.
- Be receptive to on-going coaching and training to further develop professional skill set.
Professional individual who is driven to succeed and enthusiastic about completing projects. Good interpersonal and communication skills as this role serves as a liaison between different departments and aspects of the business. Strong CAD skills are strongly preferred for this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a business or technical area of study; and three to five years of experience in an applications engineer type role (preferably in the food processing equipment industry), dealing directly with customers; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Mechanical and electrical aptitudes along with food packaging industry experience a big plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal documents, technical descriptions and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and write proposals, routine reports and correspondence and respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups of customers or associates of organization in a professional manner. Strong written communication skills required. Writing skills are necessary for preparing proposals to customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing structures, foreign exchange conversions, package geometry, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Internet software, Contact Management systems and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD, MS Office Suite and Windows platform.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold (non-weather) and heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Harpak-ULMA Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner so that associates get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Please email your resume in MS Word or a PDF to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it with your resume.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer